Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten


First Day of Kindergarten
Author unknown



Every one has a "first day"
when they feel sad and all alone,
It can be so scary
when you're out on your own.
And I know that a "first day"
can be full doubts and fears,
But they're full of new beginnings.
Take my hankie, dry your tears.

Fancy first day breakfast!

You'll find lots of things to do
and you'll probably make new friends.
I promise we'll be together
when the school day ends.



Here comes the teacher
blow your nose and be brave.
Come on now and wipe your eyes,
this is no way to behave.



Well good morning teacher.
We really must beg your pardon.
No, MOMMY doesn't always act this way,
But it's my first day of ...KINDERGARTEN!

Really, I didn't get weepy.  I did great.  But Rachel did an awesome job.  She was brave and excited.



Rachel was excited to tell me about the new friend she made with curly hair, but she can't remember her name!  They played together in the hamburger on the playground. ???  The hamburger???  I have no explanation for that one.  


Stop taking pictures, Mom! 



Before school started ... waiting with her friends to go in the classroom.


The biggest letdown of the day was lunch.  She changed her mind and decided she wanted chicken nuggets from the cafeteria, but it was too late.  We had already packed her lunch.  She said she TOLD ME THAT SHE WANTED CHICKEN NUGGETS.  Yea, its all my fault.  I know.  I'll let ya down, babe.  Only God won't ... He's the man.

It was wonderful to see that beautiful little face coming out of that building this afternoon.  She looked happy, and that is what I had hoped and prayed for all day long.  I tried to get a picture of her when I picked her up, but I had a hard time multitasking that one.  I need a live-in photographer! 

We ventured for a little first-day-of-school treat - Frosty at Wendy's!  Yum-O!


Rachel loved her first day of school!  Praying for many more successful ones!

1 comment:

  1. What a special remembrance this will be - thanks for sharing this with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete