Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tomorrow is the first day of school ...

My stomach is in knots.  I feel like it is my first day of school tomorrow.  But I'll be at home and my baby girl will be at school.  What a reverse.

Here was her very first day of school; five years ago ... 



I know she is prepared.  I know she is excited.  And I know she will do a phenomenal job!  We met her teachers Monday night, and Mrs. Kuhn and Mrs. Burns seemed great.  She explored in her classroom and already seemed to feel so comfortable.  In addition to the hamster, she found a bin of dinosaurs that she sat and played with for awhile.
 
  
Rachel told me yesterday that she was worried about making friends.  She said that her teacher would probably sit her towards the front because she was new.  It took a little explaining for her to understand that all of the kids in her class are new!  I think that made her feel a little better once she understood that.  And I don't think she'll have any trouble making friends.  She has a magnetic personality!  But we prayed tonight that she would be kind, loving, and friendly to the other students.  

God, help her to remember that Mom & Dad love her, and You and Jesus love her and are with her always.  She'll do great!

1 comment: